- Created: Wednesday, 01 October 2014 19:24
There are currently three different national minimum wage (NMW) rates, which are usually updated in October each year. The rates that apply from 1st October 2014 are as follows:
- for workers aged 21 years or more - £6.50 per hour
- for workers aged 18 to 20 inclusive - £5.13 per hour
- for workers aged 16 to 17 for workers above school leaving age but under 18 - £3.79 per hour
- for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship - £2.73 per hour*
*This rate is for apprentices under 19 or those in their first year. If you’re 19 or over and past your first year you get the rate that applies to your age.
Further details can be found at the Gov.uk website click here